Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Let's get it together, shall we?

"The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say."  ~Anaïs Nin


I cannot tell a lie -- I didn't know this quote actually existed until I came upon it just this morning.  However, I think that it's perfect, so I borrowed it (and the idea to use quotes meant to inspire from Alyssa Nicole) in an attempt to breach this writer's block-ish thing I have going on. 


Don't get me wrong, I have stuff to share with the 3 people who I know read this blog, but I don't always know how to get it out.  And, as Anais Nin has so plainly said above, my job is to say the things we are unable to say (which inspires me, as I almost-always wish that I were a different person in "real life", one who actually says what they mean and means what they say, with no regard for what other people think -- but maybe this will be the subject of a future post).


Anyway, that's all for now - this was just meant to get March started on a good note and to get me inspired to write some more.


=)

No comments:

Post a Comment