Sunday, March 20, 2011

IndieInk Challenge: "Don't blame me."

Author's note:  This is the first post towards my IndieInk Writing Challenge.


The short of it is that a bunch of people who like to write get together and challenge each other with different writing prompts, and we submit for the world (or just ourselves) to see. Hooray for us!


My first prompt is from Wendryn:  Write a 300 word rant about the worst customer you've ever served.



Dear Ms. Have-A-Blessed-Day,

I loathe every single minute of the time that I had to be polite and courteous to you.

How dare you come into my place of business and carry on like a lunatic.  You, a self-proclaimed spiritual and religious woman, brought yourself down to the maturity level of the three grand children that accompany you every single time I see you (I'd say it was closer to the infant in the carriage than the 8-year old, but that's just my opinion).

Secretly, I am enjoying the fact that you just spent over a hundred dollars on a money order that you will not be able to cash in.  I am ridiculously happy that you are now forced to deal with us for another two months while you have to wait for your refund, and I can almost see the steam rising off of your large forehead.

I am a very friendly person, and I am willing to work with anyone on coming to a solution that we both can live with, but after having you belittle me for ten minutes at my part-time job where I don't make nearly enough money to deal with stupidity like yours while I'm trying to resolve an issue that I didn't cause, I've changed my mind.  I'd rather try and find as many ways to screw you as possible.

Here's the bottom line -- take your pseudo-religious, stuck up, snotty, free-loading, spiteful, hating self and go bother someone else.  I'm not paid enough to care about your problems, or deal with your attitude and disregard for manners (and hygiene, but that's another matter).

Thank you, and have a blessed day.

4 comments:

  1. I used to teach a customer service training course, and this type of person was used in a role play scenario for our new employees. I was always amused at their creativity in their responses!

    Welcome to the Indie Ink challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I think we have many of those kinds of people in stores here, and I mean, I don't even work there, it just bugs me to be there waiting... Welcome to the Indie Ink Challenge =) Hope you like it as much as me (it's my second week). Thanks for the read. This made my day a bit better now, it's been the worst till now. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the kind words :) I'm glad I could make your day a little better.

    ReplyDelete