Thursday, March 17, 2011

Writing

If a person likes to run, they condition themselves to run.
If a person likes to eat, they're going to learn to cook.
If a person likes to write, they just write!

This really only struck me today.  Go figure.  

It came to me two ways -- one, earlier today, due to a conversation with my Director, after she asked me what I wanted to do with my life (now that I'm not going to have a job soon).  The other, I am unbelievably sorry to say, was on someone's blog that I have absolutely no idea how I stumbled across it, or who it was by, but it sparked something in me.  (I'm vowing here and now that I will get back to it somehow, someway, and give it the credit that it deserves... but until then, I'm going to tell you how it worked it's magic on me.)  This person (whom I'll refer to, for now, as Sparky)... Sparky... really sparked something in me.  One of their posts was about how, up until three years ago, they had forgotten that they like to write. 

Man, can I relate to that.  

I used to write all the time.  Granted, it wasn't good writing, and even I didn't want to read it afterwards, but I did write it.  I felt accomplished, regardless of what the content or the style was;  I was just happy to have written something, and then have the chance to go over it again and edit it (or perfect it, as I really thought I was genius back in the day).  

Here goes, blog-o-sphere.  I challenge myself, and you, if you're like me, to get the ball rolling.  Every journey starts with a single step.  Go!

2 comments:

  1. one of my favorites that keeps me going and i thought you might find useful...

    "it's impossible to discourage the real writers. they don't give a damn what you say, they're going to write." - sinclair lewis

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh. I do like this. Merci, ma cherie.

    ReplyDelete