Saturday, June 4, 2011

Accosted

I am angry, and I'll tell you why.

Today is my day off, and, naturally, I tried to run some errands.  I picked up my paycheck, I went to the bank to cash it, and my final stop was the grocery store to pick up some odds 'n ends.  (I'd normally go to CVS or some other drug-store-esque place, but I didn't want to drive 15 minutes further than my house.)

After showing up to the grocery store, I found that I have issues.  Maybe you most loyal followers (and the other peeps who aren't YET following me *hem hem*) can identify with these few issues that I realized bother me so...

*Why are the razor blades ALWAYS locked up in the aisle?  
Seriously, I'm starting to get annoyed about this.  I understand that this is a counter-measure against domestic terror, aka snot-nosed fourteen year old rugrats who probably aren't old enough to shave, let alone have $ of their own, but let's get real.  If my Shick Quattro for Women razor refills are so scandalous, just have them behind the counter, so I can get them quickly and move on.  I don't want to have to go to the aisle, figure out which are mine, leave the aisle, find an employee who is NOT going to be happy that I am asking him/her to move from their designated lean-spot, and drag them to use a fucking magnet-like key to pop the piece of plastic from the left to the right, just to go back to their lean-spot once more and talk shit about me because I made them do their job.  Plus, the locks are very misleading, so you don't actually know that their locked up until you get there and try to pull them down and put them in your cart/basket.

*Why must I get accosted for money outside of the grocery store?
It never fails.  I pull up to the store to try and get the stuff I need, and there are about 35 little boys or girls in uniform with cans a la holes in the top, and fliers about what kind of thing they're going to do with MY hard-earned money.  I can't even walk into the building without someone drooling on my shoe and shoving a can in my face, begging for my change.  No, I don't want to give my change to you.  If I wanted to, I would come over and give it to you voluntarily.  What happened to the good-old days where the boy scouts and girl scouts would do stuff to earn the money... like sell cookies, or bake sales, or some other disguised-bullshit-ritual like that?  Why do they think it's okay to just ask for the money without providing a service?  I provide a service (making coffee) for my paycheck, so they should, too.  Miniature bullshit artists.

*Why do I have to pay a quarter to use a cart? 
That's just jerk-facery.

Grr!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment