Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Real World List

Hey Peeps!

Okay, so here goes.  The last two weeks have been the worst of my entire life... and I'm not joking, or emphasizing, or dramatizing, or exaggerating (all of which I usually do on a regular basis).  I have had to handle so many "adult" things this week, I feel like I'm 47, rather than 25.  No one wants to feel 47 at the age of 25.  Ever. EVER.

I want to go on record and call myself out on the fact that when bad things happen, I have the tendency to hibernate (my friend Thelma called me out on this last week while *the bad shit* was going down) so today at dinner, Thelma and I decided that I needed to get some things done in an attempt to make myself feel better and not go into hibernation mode.

Before we came up with this list, however, I STILL managed to get some things done... not a lot, but something more than just "wake up" (which I think I should get a gold star for... someone feel free to send one).*

The List goes as follows:

*Val's Real World To-Do List*
-Buy water bottle for Jasper (rabbit)
-Send out Job Applications/Resumes
-Look into Substitute Teaching Licence
-Buy Shorts/ Flip Flops
-Clean Squirt (car)
-Get Squirt fixed (so it stops overheating everyday)
-Fill out unemployment paperwork
-Pick up final paycheck from Rec
-Pick up check from BN
-Go to the Bank

I am going to attempt to do some of these list items tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure the only one I'm really going to enjoy is "Buy Shorts/ Flip Flops"...

* The things that I accomplished today before the List was:
-Woke up (very important)
-Got out of bed (also very important)
-Did two loads of Laundry
-Made breakfast
-Watched America's Next Top Model Marathon until 4pm.

Success

1 comment:

  1. I have a friend who believes in making to-do lists with 3 items. Why 3? It's enough to make you feel like you've accomplished something but not too overwhelming that you can't get them all done (or refuse to start).

    And yes, showering can count as one of those three things.

    I can't imagine what the last two weeks must have been like for you. But I've heard that flip flops (esp. when combined with icecream)may help you feel more like 25 again.

    ReplyDelete