Saturday, April 2, 2011

Silver Mind Control

Yesterday, while eavesdropping minding my own business, I overheard possibly the best conversation ever in the entire world.  I don't think I could make this up if I tried.

I'm going to set the stage for you.

I am sitting at my desk, chatting and conversing on the computer while successfully avoiding paperwork.  Henry, my "custodial engineer" is sitting at the desk in front of me.  Debbie (whose name has been changed to protect the dim-witted) is standing on the other side of the desk from Henry.

They are chatting about the movie "Limitless" w/ Bradley Cooper.

aaaand "Action!"

Henry:  That movie was really somethin'.  He got so smart!
Debbie:  I know, it was a very good movie.
Henry:  You know, it's really somethin' how he uses 100% of his brain like that... you think that it's possible?
Debbie:  Oh, sure! You don't need a pill for that.
Henry:  How would someone do something like that?
Debbie:  You need to learn Silver Mind Control.
Henry:  Do they sell that at the grocery store?

(I'll hold while you digest that)


..........................


(okay, let's resume)

As if that weren't bad enough, the end of their conversation went like this:

Henry:  Where's your puppy?  You haven't brought him in a while...
Debbie:  Oh, he's so vocal!
Henry:  Vocal?
Debbie:  He's too loud... I think he's a human being, reincarnated... he has been so vocal lately, I just know he's trying to tell me something, but I don't speak his language yet.

Unbelievable.  Doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment