Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hey peeps.

Hey Peeps,

This isn't a real post, so apologies for any excitement I may have caused with my presence.  I just wanted to put it out there that my mom passed away two days ago and that I might not be around for a little while... but that does NOT mean that you are allowed to forget about me.  I will be very upset with you.

Just so that you don't think I bailed too much, I had a smidge of a rant to share with you:

Why is it that EVERYONE asks, once they hear that she passed, am I okay?  Yes, I'm so fucking okay that I'm pissing glitter and running with unicorns.  We're having a party and all are invited.  No, I'm not okay.  My mom was taken from me tragically and unexpectedly.  I am not okay.  What's worse is that I feel obligated to respond with "I'm okay" or "I'm fine" because I don't want to make the question-asker even more uncomfortable with my "No, I want to crawl in a hole and die, myself" response.  Grrr.

Be back soon, I hope.

Sunshine (w/ a chance of cloudyness for some future forecasts)

2 comments:

  1. Sunshine? Just sending love across the interwebs to you. I am so sorry for your loss. Big love. xo Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marian. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete