Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, you read correctly, I am officially a year older. Woot. 

The powers that be proudly graced the world with my presence 26 years ago, and I have been bringing joy, laughter, and sarcasm (when I was old enough to appreciate the skill) ever since.  A big thank you goes out to my parents... dad, I'm sure, has no idea this blog even exists, let alone that he sometimes makes a cameo... and a big shout out to mother dearest "up there" ::looks up and tilts head:: if you can grasp this, props to you. 

Yeah, my mom deserves a big thank you.  You see, when I was occupying her uterus, I almost killed her.  Not like a euphemism or anything, but I legitimately almost killed her.  

She liked to regale me with the story of my birth, and those few months leading up to it, every year the day before my birthday, at which times she would appropriately tell me what she was feeling at the hour that corresponded to way back then.  I have to say, I really miss hearing her tell me that story... but if she were here, I'd probably tell her to shut up and that I knew it all already, and to stop embarrassing me.  Go figure. 

This year I didn't really plan anything for the celebration of my birth. You see, up until two weeks before, I didn't even know what day my birthday was going to fall on. 

Well, while trying to make some plans happen out of nowhere, it seemed that everything was going to fall apart.  The girlfriend was going to come in from East Bumble, Pennsylvania, but her car was in the shop.  I thought I was going to have a party at Tito and Secret Fav's new apartment, but that fell through.  I ended up working until 8:15pm, so no real fun during the day. 

I managed to wrangle up my two best friends Kat and Susie, and my sister, and told them we were going to go for dinner.  The girlfriend called me at 7am on the morning of my birthday and said that she'd fallen off of a ladder and thought she'd torn her ACL.  She was going to come and surprise me, because even though her car was in the shop, she'd worked something out with her sister.  Well, she can't drive with a fucked up knee so she wasn't coming, so I spent the better part of my day trying to console her on the fact that I wasn't upset, and we'd be able to celebrate together some other time, and that she shouldn't be sad -- I did this, via text, from the afternoon up until it was time for me to go to dinner w/ the peeps.  

What happened next, you might wonder? 

My best friend in the whole entire world drove all the way to East Bumble, PA to pick up my girlfriend and bring her to dinner (surprising me) just so that I could see her, bum leg and all. 

Pick your jaws up off of the floor, please.

I know, right! How awesome is that??!  I have the best Best Friend in the entire world, and I have the best Girlfriend in the entire world.  

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday present. 

<3
Cake = Yum.
Best Surprise Ever.
Jax, Me, Susie and Kat.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my shit!!!!! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!! I love birthdays! Cheers and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SF!! Cheers, buddy! Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete