Tuesday, December 27, 2011

100th Post

Hooray for the Awesome Blog!  We made it to 100!



Peeps, my 100th post is dedicated affectionately to you.  You are the reason that I write, you, the interweb family who understands and appreciates me, regardless of typos, misdirected anger and resentment, and wordy rants that really have nothing to do with you, but you are subjected to anyway.  You are wonderful, just like this Awesome Blog, so let's celebrate!

Just because I think that it would be fitting, let us commemorate this momentous occasion by replaying an interaction that I had this afternoon while on a lunch/errand date with my friend, Cupcake Caroline.

Let me set the scene for you:

Walmart (the bane of my existence).
Rain, pouring down in sheets, and soaking the bottoms of my jeans and my hoodie.


Cupcake and I had just finished purchasing furniture for her and her gf's apartment, and I was waiting under the awning while she went to retrieve the car.

A lady (and I use that term very loosely) came out of the store, but her walk way was blocked by the cart-bringer- back man, so of course she let her impatience be known by huffing and puffing.

She proceeded to gather her bags out of the cart, and pushed her way to the edge of the awning when I realized that she abandoned her cart in the middle of the walk way.  I noticed, though, that there was a bag still left in the cart, so I grabbed it and made after her. 

Val:  Um, excuse me, I think you left something in your cart!
Rude Jerkface:  Oh, no, that's garbage!
Val:  Are you fucking serious? You couldn't turn to the right and drop it in the garbage can? You're awesome!

Mind you guys, the garbage can was about a foot and a half away from the place where she abandoned her cart.  She literally had to turn her body less than a 45 degree angle and extend her arm to deposit the bag into the garbage can, but no, that was too much for her. 

I keep trying to stay positive, but I'm losing my faith in humanity. 

2 comments:

  1. As long as you don't lose faith in what you belief is good. Keep climbing that ladder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah. Once I was early for a class in Dickson so I sat on those huge stone bench things for a cigarette while I waited. In that time, I saw no less than 30 PEOPLE literally trip over one of those little plastic sandwich containers from the lunch truck. Like, they had to look down and shake it off their feet. As you I'm sure remember, there are garbage cans and recycle bins on either side of that walkway AND immediately inside the building - so 2 cans >2 feet away, another >10 feet away and ON THE WAY to where you're going. I freaked out and threw it in the recycling bin before I went inside and gave everyone around me a really dirty look. That should teach them.

    Congrats on 100! XOXO

    ReplyDelete