Monday, September 5, 2011

Critical Alert



We are at code orange, or whatever the almost highest-level of alert is...

I need a hug.

Oh, yes, Peeps.  It's serious if I'm posting this shit on the awesome blog.  I'll tell you what happened and my story, and you kids can let me know if I'm just a big loser or if this happens to other people, too. Also, I'm giving my gentlemanpeeps fair warning that I'm going to be talking about "female issues" in this post, and not that I am encouraging post-skipping, I understand the levels of discomfort that boys have on this topic.  I feel a warning is very polite.  Okay, onto my issues.

Saturday started off as a good day.  Not a whole lot going on in the office, working with a cool bunch of peoples, we're laughing and having a good time, but all of a sudden it was like someone flipped my switch and I went from Happy Val to Moody Blues Val.  I couldn't rationalize it.  I just knew that I was miserable and that I needed to get happy asap.

I left job #1 and went to job #2 and hoped that during the time-off/commute I'd find myself in a better mood. (Most of the time singing a song in the car will shake me out of whatever it is I'm feeling.)  This did not work.  I went to job #2 and asked my partner for the night if I could take the anti-social role for the evening.  He agreed and asked me what was wrong, and I replied that I wasn't really sure, that maybe I was just getting my period because I had no real reason.  He says, "Are you serious?  I thought that was just a myth."

Really?

So... now I'm flabbergasted on many levels. Boys really don't understand, and neither do I sometimes.  Do you ladypeeps get all uncontrollably moody during "that time" or is it just me? Also, does anyone ever get the overwhelming sensation to be held/receive hugs for long periods of time?

I hate being a girl sometimes.

5 comments:

  1. i wish i could hug you right now!
    we could go hang out for some nice hot coffee and just blab and blab and blab and it would be just one big giant hugfest.
    yes, sometimes i am batshit moody for no reason and then it occurs to me that maybe it's a chick cycle thing. too much information alert: i was pregnant and/or nursing for so many years that only now is my body getting back to the way it used to cycle... and i am all flabbergasted. like, THAT'S what's up?! growl.
    you are not alone.
    HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG HUG
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. [Hugs]

    For me, sometimes I get snappy and easily irritated before *it* happens. And then the day of, I feel like there are fifty pound weights sitting on both of my hips. Oh, the joys of being a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely more irritable around that time of month, but I don't notice it unless it's pointed out to me. At which point I get defensive and even crankier because "hey, it's not my fault I have pms."

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I PMS like a bitch. A few days or sometimes even a week before i get my period, i start getting mad for no real reason at all. It pops out of no where. It didnt really start happening that way until I got older, but i happened. My boyfriend now always knows before i do when its that time of month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some health problems so that I didn't get my period except once a year or so until I was about 23 years old. OH MY GOD. I had no idea just how strong the pull of hormones could be, it seems like almost every month I should just be locked away from people for a while, it's so hard to control my emotions.

    SO yeah, I feel like since I went so long without having a regular period and then just being hit with one, I can say that guys really don't understand, because I certainly did not really get how uncontrollable it can be before.

    ReplyDelete