Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sunshine... Queen of India.

Well, Peeps.  Maybe my time here on the interwebs has come to an end.

The other morning I had to stop for gas before making the ardous trek to work.  I really despise getting gas in the morning because aside from the fact that I AM SO NOT A MORNING PERSON, there comes the part where I am still not in touch with my vocabulary *and* my morning coffee, so I am like half-a-Sunshine. 

I roll up to the pump and smile like I always do to the station attendant, because lets face it, most people aren't very nice to the gas station people.  They're always treated with disrespect and never told to 'have a nice day' or given a 'thank you' so I try to make sure I'm polite, gracious, and friendly.

I guess I'm too friendly.

The man at the gas station down the street from my house has lately been asking me a lot of personal questions like 'where do you live', 'are you in school', 'where do you work', etc.  Well, this most recent trip to the gas station he asked me whether I was married and/or had any children.  I told him definitely not. I am WAY too young for marriage. He laughed and asked if I had a boyfriend.

I said not really. I was hoping to just drive away and leave, but he wouldn't stop! "You don't get along very well?"

:::Gives the deadpan stare:::

Ummm. Right!  Well, call me a horrible lesbian, but I just went along with it.  It's not like its so easy to tell an older Indian man who gives my car the breath of life once a week that I think boys are icky, I mean come on!

(I am laughing as I type this right now.)

I said something like 'I'm just looking for the right one... A good one.'
He said 'I am looking for a good girl, too.' 

I'm pretty sure that was a proposition.  I immediately made my way out of there as fast as possible, and was creeped beyond belief, but on further reflection (and talking with my favorite jewrican), I have decided that we are in a recession and I should be ashamed of myself!  Maybe he's a King in India or something?! So, as of now, I will be planning my wedding and my future as royalty... maybe.

Or maybe not.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a coffee with a side of attention in the morning to perk you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tom - right you are, sir. I am an attention whore.... I just have to learn to be less judgemental, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete