Thursday, January 8, 2015

Typical 2015 Post

What's up, kids?  How's life been treating you?  You won the lottery?! That's awesome.  You went and traveled abroad, neglecting the hum drum life of the states?  Good for you!!

Me? I plead the fifth.

Forgive me, but I suck at this game.  Please insert the normal this is the new year and the new me and the new, old blog blah blah blah here.

I'm going to jump right in to my topic at hand.

I've been suffering from insomnia lately, which is probably due to the fact that I partake in little to know physical exercise throughout the day, and drink way too much caffeine that does not burn off in anyway.  This has been going on for months now, and every night is more excruciating than the last.

Last night, I actually managed to fall asleep early (mostly in part to a white noise app on my phone where I magically mixed the sounds of a thunderstorm, the ocean, and some rain all together to create an unrealistically soothing sound of some tragic rain forest).

At one thirty seven a.m. I was awoken to the sound of screaming coming from the apartment next to mine.  These are not the drug dealers that I had referenced previously, but another set of crappy people juxtaposed against my wanna-be quiet and unassuming life.  

Last night is not the first time that this has happened, but it was the first time that I'd been woken out of a sound sleep because of it

The reason for this post is really my musings about whether I should alert the police to the possible domestic violence/noise violations that are occurring in my neck of the woods.  Living in the ghetto, I have been pondering the pros and cons of knocking on the door or banging on the wall and telling them to shut the fuck up... 90% of my brain tells me it's not a good idea.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation, and if so, what advice or story can you share with me?  Did you get shot through the wall?  Did it resolve the situation?  Let's gab like heterosexual girlfriends, and tell me everything, spare no detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment