Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Apartment Life Deductions

Not too long ago, I wrote that I just moved into an apartment and everything was fine except for the fact that I thought people were coming up the stairs to murder me in my bed.  

I know you were all concerned.  Thankfully, I've mostly gotten over that.  (Everyday A, you were right! I'm starting to learn.)

I've also recently written about Chance, the newest love of my life.

Something that I have noticed on during my first few weeks exploring my apartment complex with Chance, my neighbors are Shady with a capital S.

I'm pretty sure there's a drug ring in one of the apartments on our walk route.  I know that's a terrible accusation to say right off the bat, but these stereotypical moments just keep occurring and repeating in my head.

Chance and I mind our own business while I try to coax him to pee before both of us catch frost bite outside.  Well, I say WE mind our business, but Chance actually doesn't; he is more than happy to stare at every single person or animal in his line of sight, without shame.  Me? I'm standing there with my head down, looking at my phone, hoping no one will jump me for it while I'm trying to be inconspicuous.

Whenever someone does catch my eye, though, I always smile and wave.  I do not want to be the one they come looking for when they get Narc'd out.  I want to be the friendly neighbor with her dog that pretends to know nothing but secretly is on to them, and writing blogs about it anonymously.

Yep, that's me.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. !! I left you a comment, it double posted so I deleted one and then they were both gone! Silly blogger. Anyway, what I had said was... I think you're taking a safe approach with the neighbors & I'm happy to see you posting! xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete