Wednesday, March 26, 2014

That Prairie Life -- Iowa

I took a trip recently -- packed my bags, paid for my plane ticket, made it through security and sat through two flights that inevitably took me to the current residence of one of the most wonderful humans that I've ever met, Megan.

I wanted to regale you all with my witty accounts of Prairie life, bringing to fruition all of the nuances of Mid-West living, but it turns out that the information that I did get would bore you to tears.  This is not to say that the great state of Iowa was boring, but the content of said blog would be just too dry to stomach in non-fiction.

That's why I've decided to take the notes I made during my trip and turn it into a fictional story that I will publish here shortly.  I know, the three of you that probably still read this are probably over the moon ecstatic about this news.  We'll see how it comes out.

In the interim, I wanted to post a few pictures that I took that are sure to make your life better (and distract from the fact that I didn't actually post anything of note in this whole post so far).

MC Hammer called and wanted his pants back. o.O
I hate to admit that this happened.  He was part of a group that I'd like to call the JPOP Invasion.  The entire back of my plane was Asians who were too cool for me (except for maybe this guy and his parachute-butt pants).

Charlotte, NC has ROCKING CHAIRS all over their airport.  I was blown away by this.  They take their southern hospitality VERY seriously.

This happened, because I really had no idea where IOWA was on a map.  Sad, right?

Made friends with the neighbors and their kids. :) 

This is the newest love of my life.  Please meet Ellie/Lady-not-Bird.  

This was the most beautiful picture I took of Iowa, and I was so pleased in how it came out.  No filter, no accentuation.  Just beautiful landscape.

Seriously, Iowa was so beautiful.  I wish I was there a few weeks later than I was because I can only imagine what it will look like when the crops grow in, the fields turn green, and the contrast between open sky and open fields shows itself on the Prairie.  

There is a Buffalo Preserve out on the Prairie.  Sadly my animal whisperer skills were not honed in to the Iowan Buffalo.  They didn't come near us, so we took a picture of the statue instead. 
Just in case you needed a little more "cute" before you left. <3

3 comments:

  1. I know im not one of the three you thought who read but i truly enjoyed reading and viewing this blog. Love you sister, that degree sounds good! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg stupid auto correct now I sound ignorant... love you, hope you knew what I meant...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay first of all, cuteness overload and I'm dying. Second of all, that prairie picture is STUNNING. Great job! love you

    ReplyDelete