Sunday, September 15, 2013

Guilt and other things.

I have been neglectful, not just of this blog but many things.

Also, I am a hypocrite. I have asked my lovely friend Megan to blog about her new life in Iowa, selfishly I might add so that I could continue to voyeuristically indulge in her life and whatnot while still being an 18 hour drive and many, many miles away, and yet I have not bothered to update this blog in over two months, with the last post being "I should blog again."  I am lame lame lame! Also, I realize that was probably a run on sentence, but I just don't care. Also, I have just said also four times in one paragraph, which is almost definitely a no-no.

To update you on my neglect, I have compiled a list of things that I have neglected:

1.)  I have neglected my favorite past time of reading.  Tis true, folks! I haven't read more than one book this summer. The book I did read, however, was a heartbreakingly fantastic book called "Handle with Care" by Jodi Piccoult, about a little girl born with Osteogenesis Imperfecta and a wrongful birth lawsuit. 

Never fear, I have corrected this as of yesterday.  I can now finally say that I am 100+ pages in to "A Dance with Dragons" by George R. R. (I will kill anyone you think you may love) Martin, and I must say I have no regrets.

2.)  I have also neglected my favorite beverage.  Kids, the fall is upon us, and with it comes the best things: apple cider, pumpkin picking, Halloween, and Sam Adams Octoberfest.  I have not been partaking in my favorite beverage season, but never fear, I will prevail!  I bought my first Octoberfest six pack and have been enjoying it, savoring it, all week. Sad to say, I had a Miller Light last night which made me realize I can not go back to crap beer ever again.

3.)  I haven't cooked anything other than baked chicken and white rice in what seems like forever.  I really enjoyed cooking back in the days when I was in my apartment, but since moving in with my dad, I feel like I have no desire to cook!  It's a shame really.  This week, I vow to be better and post something delicious that I have mastered in the kitchen.  Just call me the next Giada at home.

I have no number four, and I'm terrible at conclusions, so I'm just going to go.  Good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment